How to Play PAC-MAN®
- Direct PAC-MAN®
- around the maze to chomp on all PAC-Dots, Power-Pellets
- and Bonus Items.
- A life will be lost if PAC-MAN® is caught by a Ghost.
- The game is over when all lives
- are lost or when the timer
- reaches zero.
- Earn points
- by eating PAC-Dots and Bonus Items.
- The number of points awarded per Bonus item will increase as you clear each maze.
- The quicker you clear a maze, the more bonus points you receive!
- An extra life
- is awarded for every 20,000 points earned.
- The highest score achieved.
- for the current mode is shown in the upper right corner.
- Game speed increases as you earn more points.
- The game speed will slow down when a life is lost.
Clearing the Maze
- Clear all of the PAC-Dots and Power-Pellets on one side of the maze and a Bonus item
- will appear on the opposite side of the maze. Collecting this Bonus item will alter the maze on the cleared side.
- When PAC-MAN® eats a Power-Pellet
- he becomes Powered Up and the Ghosts turn blue. PAC-MAN® can eat blue Ghosts.
- Earn bonus points by eating blue Ghosts while PAC-MAN® is Powered Up. The number of points awarded for eating Ghosts will increase with every consecutive Ghost eaten!
- The Results diagram appears each time you finish a game mode. Points you have earned are graphed by every minute.
- You can earn Awards by playing extremely well in each game mode.
- There are a total of 12 Awards to unlock and the better you play, the more you will earn!
- Score 200,000 points.
- Score 400,000 points.
- Complete Championship Mode.
- Complete Challenge Mode 1.
- Complete Challenge Mode 2.
- Complete Extra Mode 1.
- Complete Extra Mode 2.
- Complete Extra Mode 3.
- Eat 8 Ghosts in succession.
- Emit Sparks for 1 second.
- Eat the Key Bonus item.
- Eat the Crown Bonus item.
- To review the Awards you have earned, select AWARDS from the Main Menu.
- Championship Mode - 3-minute time limit. The primary gameplay mode.
- Challenge Mode 1 - 5-minute time limit. The initial layouts for both halves of the maze each feature five Power Pellets, but the next several successive layouts contain no Power Pellets at all, requiring players to carefully consider their strategy regarding when to activate these power-ups.
- Challenge Mode 2 - 5-minute time limit. While dots and Power Pellets are clearly visible, the maze itself is nearly pitch-dark other than a small radius of light emitted by PAC‑MAN® and the four ghosts.
- Extra Mode 1 - 3-minute time limit. The game begins at the fastest speed, and each maze layout features several long tunnels connecting the left and right edges of the screen.
- Extra Mode 2 - 5-minute time limit. The maze layouts have a unique "grid" style typically composed of square-shaped barriers.
- Extra Mode 3 - 5-minute time limit. The initial maze is laid out in a very constrained fashion with simple dot patterns. As the player progresses, the layouts gradually become larger and more complex.